My name is Anjula Cheema and I am a British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) registered adult therapist. My work is governed by the BACP code of ethics. I am also a registered United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists (UKCP) child and adolescent psychotherapist and provide therapy (short and long term) to both children and young people online and in-person in Milton Keynes (UK).
Since 2011, I have provided one to one therapy for a range of organisations based in Milton Keynes and London. Two of these delivered specialised therapy: one to young people (aged between 11-25) and the other to female survivors of domestic violence. I currently provide one to one therapy to children, teenagers and adult survivors of domestic violence through Womens’ Aid. I also work for Milton Keynes Social Care Directorate providing long term therapy to children in the care system, a number of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP), which are offered by many employers, and run a busy private practice.
Through the above, I have worked with many clients on issues which include abuse including sexual abuse, trauma, domestic violence, self harm, low self-esteem and confidence, identity, cultural issues, transition, loss, anger, anxiety, stress, depression, and relationship issues.
My clients have come from a range of backgrounds and so I have experience of, and more importantly a great respect for difference/diversity based on grounds which include age, sex, religion, ethnic and cultural background and sexual orientation. I have an interest in how these kinds of differences influence our behaviours and emotional health.
I also have an interest in working with trauma in both children and adults and have received post qualifying training in this area.
- I qualified in 2012 with a Masters Degree in Integrative Counselling.
- In 2019 I obtained a UKCP Masters Degree in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling.
Post Qualification Training
- Trauma and the Therapeutic relationship – Exploring the subtle process of embodied attunement, empathy and integration.
- Working with the Body in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- The use of role in therapy.
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery.
- Working with Autism in adults.
- Adult psychopathology.
- Working with Birth Trauma.
- Parent infant psychotherapy.
- Working with autism in children.
- Grief and bereavement in children.
- Use of sand-tray.
- Elements of music therapy.
- Eating Disorders.
- Mental Health Disorders in children and adolescents.
- Play Therapy.
- Systemic Family Therapy.
- Theraplay Level 1.
- Attachment styles and Eating Disorders.